Goldstein Family Scholarship Fund
The goal of the Goldstein Family Scholarship Fund is to help female survivors of domestic violence improve their self-sufficiency and quality of life by completing higher education.
The scholarship fund provides financial support for tuition, books, rent, utilities, and childcare. Support is provided based on the applicant's financial need after using all other available community resources. Scholarship recipients also receive case management services from YWCA's Empowerment Advocate to assist them through their academic journey. Financial support & case management services are provided to scholarship recipients for up to 4 years.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Current survivor of domestic violence who has been removed from the abusive situations for at least 6 months
- Resident of Northeast Indiana (Adams, Allen, Dekalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells & Whitley Counties)
- Income level of less than 200% of poverty level
Higher Education Requirements & Expectations:
- Desire to enroll full-time in state-accredited university or union-certified apprenticeship program
- Educational institution and degree or certification can not require religious practice
- Degree or certification must lead to sustainable career opportunities that will elevate the participant's standard of living
- Certifications in childcare, beauty school or entry-level healthcare (such as CNA) will not be considered
- Maintain a full-time course load and a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Scholarship recipients must attend on-campus classes for a minimum of (2) semesters.
Case Management Services Provided:
Scholarship recipients will be assigned an Empowerment Advocate who will:
- Assist with enrollment, applying for financial aid, selecting & registering for courses and general navigation of higher education
- Teach skills to assist with successful completion of school
- Provide 1-4 individual appointments a month throughout the duration of program involvement
- Create learning plans to help participants study and successfully complete education
- Assist in overcoming academic problems and challenges
How to Apply: