Steps to Success
Steps to Success is a voluntary, community-based case management program that provides aftercare support to individuals/families that have been affected by domestic or dating violence. The program is designed to help and support clients with goal-setting, allowing them to become economically, emotionally, and physically healthy. The Steps to Success case managers also provide you with referrals to help you reach these goals and achieve self-sufficiency.
All Steps to Success services are free and confidential and available in our six county service area (Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells & Whitley).
Services provided may include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Safety Plan
- Domestic Violence Education
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Victims and Children
- Characteristics of an Abuser
- Recognizing Healthy Relationships
- Housing Information
- Life Skills Training (employment, education, budgeting, parenting, etc.)
- Developing Support Systems
- Self-Care, Self-Esteem, and Assertiveness Skills
- Coordination of services with other agencies
In order to enter the Steps to Success program, you must first fulfill the following application requirements:
- Must be 18 years old, or have legal emancipation
- Has a history of domestic or dating violence
- Has not actively engaged in a relationship with their abusive partner for at least 6 months
- Is seeking assistance with setting and achieving goals
One of the major benefits of Steps to Success, is that your case manager comes to you and creates a unique plan to meet your individual needs!
The purpose of this schedule is to help you achieve long-term self- sufficiency at the end of the two year period. Once this level of self-sufficiency has been achieved, you will partake in a graduation ceremony celebrating the accomplishment with your family and YWCA staff.
For more information on Steps to Success, please contact Candace Underwood at email@example.com, or 260-424-4908 ext. 228. or fill out a Steps to Success Application Form: PDF format (print, fax, mail, or email).