The success of YWCA Northeast Indiana's Mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all, absolutely depends on the support of dedicated volunteers. As such, we are constantly in need of such volunteers to help us with a variety of tasks - from sorting in-kind donations to teaching English as a Second Language classes to Burmese refugees! If you are interested in providing this crucial assistance and volunteering at YWCA Northeast Indiana, please download a PDF Volunteer Application and email it to YWCA@ywcaerew.org.
Your support of Our Mission and the clients we serve is vitally important and greatly appreciated!
Here are some examples of volunteer opportunities at the YWCA:
- Special Events: Help plan events, direct people, pass out name tags, hand out literature, etc.
- Distribute literature regarding our services to other agencies in our six-county service area (Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Wells, and Whitley counties
- Clerical work: Assisting staff members with everyday filing and copying can free up time to better serve our clients.
- Needs drive: Our clients are frequently in need of everyday items, such as diapers, cleaning supplies, books, full-size personal care items, cell phones, etc.
- Computer Class: help clients learn basic computer skills, and assist with online applications, resumes, and job searches.
- Child care during classes and support groups.
- Help clean up our playground area so the children have a safe place to play outside.
- The Crisis Shelter has many project areas, such as sorting and organizing donations.
- Assist and teach clients how to grocery shop and/or organize a pantry. Assist clients with basic computer skills.
- Lead group activities for children.
- Help Shelter staff with everyday tasks such as filing, computer work, and assisting clients.
- Lead a client support group to teach clients life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, money management, parenting skills, etc.